In today’s lesson we are going to talk about SPORTS IN SPANISH «deportes«, but above all, we will learn to talk about the things that we like (nos gustan), those that we prefer (preferimos) or those that are important (es importante) or necessary (es necesario) to do. What do you think if we start learning some Spanish vocabulary about sports?
Me gustan los deportes (I like sports)
Before watching the video it will be useful to learn how to use the verb «gustar», by clicking on the link. Watch the video, review the examples below, and practice what you have learned with our test.
Here are some examples of the verbs that we have seen in the video. Look at the grammatical structure:
- Me gusta practicar deporte (I like to practice sports).
- No me gusta nada el rugby (I don’t like rugby at all).
- Me gusta correr en el parque, pero prefiero jugar al fútbol con mis amigos (I like to run in the park, but I prefer to play soccer with my friends).
- Me encanta hacer yoga (I love doing yoga).
- Es importante practicar deporte regularmente (It is important to practice sports regularly).
- Es necesario beber agua mientras practicamos deporte (It is necessary to drink water while doing sports).
Exercises about sports in Spanish
Now, time to practice what you have learned. To answer the questions in this test you need to have seen the video above, and have practiced with the two links that we have indicated before. Don’t forget to check with your Spanish tutor any questions you have about grammar and vocabulary in this lesson. Don’t you have an online Spanish teacher yet?
Qué deportes praticas (writing task in Spanish) 📝
Write an essay in Spanish, of about 200 words, talking about which sports you like the most and why. Which ones do you practice and how often do you do it and which ones do you like to watch on television. Send the text to your tutor for correction. Don’t you have a personal Spanish tutor yet?